Join our team
We are seeking a Part 2 architectural assistant to join our team in London! We are an award-winning, design-driven practice specialising in the refurbishment and new build of residential projects in and around London. We are looking for a talented, motivated individual who shares our enthusiasm for sustainable, people-centred healthy homes and buildings.
The successful candidate will have good design and graphic skills along with a strong interest in architecture and interiors.
We are looking for someone with the following:
– UK experience
– Enjoy working as part of a team
– Flexibility and a willingness to pitch in to both project and non-project tasks
– Good verbal presentation skills
– Open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and a sense of humour
– Good time-management skills
– Working knowledge of ArchiCAD (or Revit) and Adobe Creative Suite
– Ability to draw by hand would be a great asset
What you can expect from us:
– A well-organized practice that does not rely on overtime to achieve profitability
– Good work-life balance
– Friendly relaxed bunch of people
– A collaborative work environment where your contribution will be encouraged and valued
– A team with an international mix of youth and experience – the perfect place to develop your professional, design and technical skills
– An opportunity to progress and challenge yourself
– Great location close to London Fields in Hackney in addition to flexibility to work from home
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a small practice and to play a meaningful role in the delivery of thoughtful, well-designed projects, we want to hear from you. Availability to start this summer is ideal. Please clearly state your Part 2/3 status and notice period, if relevant. Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience.
If you are interested, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit a short statement explaining why you would like to join us, together with your CV and a concise selection of personal and professional work showcasing your design skills. Maximum size of 7MB.
BVDS is an equal opportunities employer and encourages career progression.
Please note we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.